5 December 2011

LotR: War in the North - First impressions

So, another quick delivery from shopto.net, and my copy of Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3) arrived today.
I've played the game for a few hours now, and I want to share my first impressions of the game with you guys.

The game starts out with an introduction to your little 3-man fellowship, and you meet Aragorn at the Prancing Pony in Bree, who sends you out on your first quest.

The dialogue is all right, but the mimic of the characters could be better, such as the lips moving more detailed. That aside, the details of the characters' faces are quite detailed, like deep wrinkles.

The graphics looks really good as well. When I started the game, it was raining (not sure if it's like that, every new game you start), and the details were amazing. When you walk around, there are water-splashes from the rain on the ground, and when I was having a talk with a Dwarf-merchant named Grof, the rain ran down leather armour I was wearing, and also down the hair and beard.
I really liked how real that seemed..
Just like the water-splashes, there are small dust-clouds from walking / running around dry areas where there is sand.

When you're in combat you earn experience, and for every hit and kill, you earn multipliers, and the more combos you make, the more experience you get. When you've hurt an enemy enough, so he's about to die, he will get a small triangle above his head, and you can make a heavy attack to get a critical hit, which earn you lots of experience points.

The AI of the remaining characters in your fellowship isn't the best, so I would recommend teaming up with a few friends, though teaming up with 2 random people might not be the best idea, as I found out that I want to loot and explore every area, instead of just quickly killing off the enemies, and go to the next section of the game.

Well, that was the first few impressions I've made from a few hours playing this game, hopefully you guys thinks this is a bit more detailed than my post about Skyrim, since I believe I learn from my mistakes and think about what I could do better the next time :)
Related posts :


No comments:

Post a Comment